Virtual Musotopianoforte

Music is my forte :) ... well, my mezzoforte :$

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I'm unique (classified under the Animalian Kingdom, Phylum Chordata, Mammalian Class, Order Primates, Hominidae family, Genera Homo and sapien species!). --- My most important roles currently are: Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Niece, Pet owner, Christian, Friend and Honours Student. Of course I'm also a: music lover, dog person, blood donor, registered organ donor, first-aider, volunteer, respite assistant, health promoter, teacher-at-heart, textbookworm (I made that up myself!), leisure musician, shower singer, sports enthusiast, Broncos & Maroons supporter, right-hander, compulsive list-maker, photo-taker, toilet reader and proud Australian citizen!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Big Bad Wolf

I have just read an article regarding an Indian bollywood actress being the subject of bullying on the English version of Big Brother. The continuance of this pitiful program around the world appalls me, especially in light of the terrible reputation that it has deserved. To the readers out there who are Bollywood fans, please excuse my ignorance of not knowing who Shilpa Shetty is, but I believe that she did not deserve to be humiliated through the media, let alone treated the way she did. In Australia, Big Brother has already caused its own controversy but despite this a new season will return this year. I have not ever been a fan of the show because of its encouragement of misdemeanour and poor values. I am ashamed at the support, and even worse, loyalty, that some (not all) Australians continue to show unto this program. If university honours and postgraduate projects are subject to ethics, why shouldn't this program be taken off the air since it has repeatedly violated ethical code of conduct?

Source: India takes up Big Brother 'racism' with UK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home