Virtual Musotopianoforte

Music is my forte :) ... well, my mezzoforte :$

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I'm unique (classified under the Animalian Kingdom, Phylum Chordata, Mammalian Class, Order Primates, Hominidae family, Genera Homo and sapien species!). --- My most important roles currently are: Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Niece, Pet owner, Christian, Friend and Honours Student. Of course I'm also a: music lover, dog person, blood donor, registered organ donor, first-aider, volunteer, respite assistant, health promoter, teacher-at-heart, textbookworm (I made that up myself!), leisure musician, shower singer, sports enthusiast, Broncos & Maroons supporter, right-hander, compulsive list-maker, photo-taker, toilet reader and proud Australian citizen!

Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday's Feast #11

This feast took me quite a while. I hope you all enjoy it! I have finally remembered to add a hyperlink to the Friday's Feast button!

Appetizer
Describe a toy you remember from your childhood.
I have been very fortunate to have many cherished toys. Despite having lost some from garage sales, they are still a big part of my room, sitting on the ledge above the window blinds. I loved dolls and two of my dolls even now wear some of my clothes (that I used to wear when I was 6!). But I guess the most "interesting" toy to describe would be a stuffed pink pig with a striped suit, a brown cigar and a big head! At the time I write in this little booklet that my kindergarten teachers made (aged 4 or 5) it was apparently my favourite toy. While I have the chance, I should say that have not ever tolerated smoking, hence it was a surprise to look back some years ago and see that I liked the "smoked bacon" - haha, sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how observant are you?
I can confidently say 8 since I've been frequently told that I tend notice the slightest things, not to mention that I have such a trivial memory that I'll remember it long afterwards. Just earlier today, one of my friends found it strange when I told her that the bus we were on was slightly different to the usual ones (it was still a natural gas bus) as it had a slightly different bell sound (it kind of "echoed") and the grab rails were vertical (lower) to diagonal (upper) instead of just plainly vertical.

Salad
Where would you rather be at this very moment?
Anywhere safe with my boyfriend, just relaxing, no worries :)

Main Course
When was the last time you learned something new?
I always learn new things everyday, not just at uni but in my day-to-day experiences. Today I learned some trivial things, like how much chocolate costs in a few different shops (prices vary wildly, surprisingly - I should also mention that I in fact loathe shopping and avoid it wherever possible) and that my high school English teacher, who I later visited, likes Old Cold Dark Chocolate! In terms of learning something more "knowledgeable" or "practical", yesterday at one of the places I volunteer (a retail shop that raises money for charity) I was asked to bank the money at the end of the day, which I haven't done electronically before. It was good to also "learn" the degree to which I was trusted to do so :)

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have ____________ but I haven’t ____________.
I have made some achievements in my life that I am proud of, but I haven't yet reached my goal to make a significant positive difference in the world and leave a desired legacy.

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoyed your feast..Safe is good..Great job today

27/7/07 3:20 pm  
Blogger Alison said...

Great feast - Happy Friday!

27/7/07 3:24 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Great feast, happy Friday!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

27/7/07 3:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL about the smoked bacon! So neat that you still have some of your toys. Very thoughtful dessert.

27/7/07 3:35 pm  
Blogger Juzahlyn said...

love your dessert hope you'll reach all your goals pretty soon...great feast

Mine's up too

27/7/07 3:40 pm  
Blogger katherine. said...

laughing...smoked bacon...

great feast.

27/7/07 3:53 pm  
Blogger JHS said...

Bahahahaha . . . I'm still laughing at the smoked joke. That was so bad . . . but I loved it.

Thanks for stopping by!

27/7/07 4:04 pm  
Blogger Eleisia said...

Enjoyed your feast, especially your dessert. Hope you reach your goals. I think we would all like to make the world a better place.

27/7/07 4:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dessert sounds great! You'll get there, in God's time :)

Happy feasting! Mine's up now.

27/7/07 4:44 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

Yummy feast! Totally satisfying. LOL. I agree with Barbara. Your dessert is a thoughtful one. Happy weekend!

27/7/07 6:06 pm  
Blogger Marcy said...

Your dessert really inspires me.:)

Thank you for stopping by my FF.

Have a nice weekend.

27/7/07 7:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, great feast. I loved your appetizer!!

28/7/07 12:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always learning something... every day I learn things! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

28/7/07 12:28 am  
Blogger Sandee said...

Somewhere safe with your boyfriend? I'd like to hear more about this. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

28/7/07 1:08 am  
Blogger Kim said...

Great feast today. Loved your dessert.

Thanks for stopping by my feast.

28/7/07 5:47 am  
Blogger Mel said...

What a great dessert and yes, I would think you are pretty observant if you noticed all that on a bus! Thanks for having me over for your feast.
Mel

30/7/07 12:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home