Virtual Musotopianoforte

Music is my forte :) ... well, my mezzoforte :$

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I'm unique (classified under the Animalian Kingdom, Phylum Chordata, Mammalian Class, Order Primates, Hominidae family, Genera Homo and sapien species!). --- My most important roles currently are: Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Niece, Pet owner, Christian, Friend and Honours Student. Of course I'm also a: music lover, dog person, blood donor, registered organ donor, first-aider, volunteer, respite assistant, health promoter, teacher-at-heart, textbookworm (I made that up myself!), leisure musician, shower singer, sports enthusiast, Broncos & Maroons supporter, right-hander, compulsive list-maker, photo-taker, toilet reader and proud Australian citizen!

Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday's Feast #12

Appetizer
What is your favourite kind of pie?
I don't know if I have a favourite. I reckon that I make a good sausage pie but Sparky's mum (she's American) really makes a fantastic Lemon Meringue Pie :)

Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.
Yesterday, as a bus passenger on my way home from uni, a policeman on a motorbike stopped next to us at the traffic lights and appeared to use the opportunity to just relax. I smiled, thinking about the recent advertisements by the shadow government that portray the policeforce as underfunded, yet doing their job to protect society. All of a sudden, the policeman scootered through some cars (the light was still red), turned left and switched on his lights. As the bus turned in the opposite direction, I saw him pull over some unsuspecting car (that must have gone through a red light or been speeding). I smiled and chuckled to myself because it was good to know that that policeman was 'on the ball' even when it didn't seem like it for a few seconds.

Today, my sister got a phone call soon after I got back from uni. When she hung up she said "guess what?" For some absolutely strange reason (my sister and I have this informal but very uncanny connection) I seemed to know. To my amazement, she said I was right. We spent the last hour and a half just jumping around in excitement, thinking, calculating, reasoning, making quite a few phone calls and getting teary-eyed.
Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?
Take quick (20 second?) cold water showers (we have water restrictions here) and after drying a little with the towel and putting on some summer clothes, sit under a fan on full-blast!!! :)

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?
This question is difficult, seeing as though I wouldn't spend $1000 on redecorating at this point in my life, but for the sake of this question I'll go with my dad's office. In terms of paper, it's undoubtedly worse than my room! I'd spend the money on more filing cabinets, an inkjet printer (always wanted one of those) and some nice frames to put his photos in.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.
My sister says that she's scared, but I know she'll be a great Therapist no matter what she chooses to do.

21 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Great feast! My sister and I are close also - it's wonderful to have someone you can share anything with! Happy Friday!

10/8/07 2:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved your soup. I don't have any siblings :( Great feast.

10/8/07 2:45 pm  
Blogger Juzahlyn said...

love your soup...great feast

Mine's up too

10/8/07 3:13 pm  
Blogger Eleisia said...

You and your sister must be very close and great friends.
Great feast!
Come over and visit my feast.

10/8/07 3:49 pm  
Blogger Jenny said...

Well great for your sister!! That made me smile too!!

10/8/07 3:59 pm  
Blogger Melody said...

Enjoyed your feast! I'm happy for your sister, and I can tell both of you are close to each other.

Hope you've a great weekend ahead.

10/8/07 4:00 pm  
Blogger Gill said...

Lovely that your sister got offered the job - sounds like you have a wonderful relationship.

10/8/07 6:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool salad, good answers!

Have a great weekend

10/8/07 9:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tasty treats here today. I enjoyed the read.

Dinner is served at my place and you are invited to join me.

10/8/07 9:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bark, arf! Good feasting.

Chow`s on at my blog, hope you join me. Whoof!

10/8/07 9:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a nice way to spend 1000 dollars!1! Happy Friday

10/8/07 11:16 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

She studied psychology?

As long she's very honest to herself and trust her intuition she's fine.

Great feast and congratulate her with the job!

11/8/07 12:16 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Yummm...lemon meringue. I think that could be my favorite summer pie! Happy Feasting!
Mel

11/8/07 12:48 am  
Blogger Nichole M said...

Sausage pie? I'd love to try it. I think. ;-) It's always comforting knowing that the police are looking out for us, even when we least suspect it. Paper organization is always the toughest! Thanks for stopping by!

11/8/07 1:28 am  
Blogger Michelle Quinno said...

Mmmm....love lemon meringue!!

Great feast!

11/8/07 2:28 am  
Blogger BeccA's Buzz said...

I don't really know what sausage pie is, but sign me up! Share the recipe :)

11/8/07 3:00 am  
Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Loved the story about the cop! Great feast!

11/8/07 4:18 am  
Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Friday, great feast!

11/8/07 8:42 am  
Blogger Andi said...

Sausage pie sounds wonderful. Do you have any recipes to share?

11/8/07 2:47 pm  
Blogger Alice said...

So nice to know you're close to your sister. I love mine too. They're gorgeous people. I'm the eldest so I have lots of say. LOL.

Happy belated Friday's Feast!

11/8/07 7:09 pm  
Blogger Andi said...

Good luck to your sister. It sounds like you are very proud of her.b

12/8/07 1:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home