Virtual Musotopianoforte

Music is my forte :) ... well, my mezzoforte :$

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I'm unique (classified under the Animalian Kingdom, Phylum Chordata, Mammalian Class, Order Primates, Hominidae family, Genera Homo and sapien species!). --- My most important roles currently are: Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Niece, Pet owner, Christian, Friend and Honours Student. Of course I'm also a: music lover, dog person, blood donor, registered organ donor, first-aider, volunteer, respite assistant, health promoter, teacher-at-heart, textbookworm (I made that up myself!), leisure musician, shower singer, sports enthusiast, Broncos & Maroons supporter, right-hander, compulsive list-maker, photo-taker, toilet reader and proud Australian citizen!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sausage Pie Recipe

Due to popular demand, I have decided to upload the recipe to the Sausage Pie that I mentioned in my last Friday's Feast entry. I'll admit that I've made variations of it (and still continue to do so) but essentially I've found that it rarely reaches "leftover" status and it upheld its reputation when Sparky and I made it on Sunday night.

My serving suggestion: serve with vegetables


Serves 6

Ingredients
6 sausages
boiling water
375g puff pastry (I just use 4 puff pastry sheets) - this will depend on your dish size
4 eggs
sprinkle of salt and pepper

Method
1. Preheat oven at 190°C (375°F)
2. Place sausages in a pot and pour boiling water over. Leave until cool.
3. Once sausages have cooled, carefully peel off their skins.
4. Line the bottom of the baking dish with puff pastry
(I use two sheets to line the bottom but you can alternatively cut the pastry and roll it out).
5. Slice up sausages and arrange evenly in the baking dish.
6. Beat eggs, salt and pepper. Then gently pour over sausages, distributing throughout the dish.
7. Cover the dish with the remaining puff pastry
(again, I use two sheets but this depends on the size of your baking dish)
8. Seal the edges well. Prick top with a fork a few times.
9. Put baking dish in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
10. Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!

The finished product -we left it in the oven a little too long after it was "golden" but it still tasted great!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Thank you for posting the recipe. I was surprised that it took so few ingredients to make. I will be trying this.

16/8/07 12:04 am  
Blogger Karen said...

I dunno about this sausage pie, but it thrilled me to hear from you. You sound fascinating yourself. How do you do occupational therapy as an undergraduate? How old are you? Etc :) Hope to hear more about you soon! If you want to talk a little bit about OT as undergrad in Australia I'd be happy to post it on my OT blog too, although I guess you might just want it on your own blog. Whatever, I'm easy - just happy to hear from you. How are you enjoying OT?

17/8/07 1:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds and looks absolutely delicious! I want some! :)

Best -
Braden

18/8/07 7:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home