Sausage Pie Recipe
My serving suggestion: serve with vegetables
375g puff pastry (I just use 4 puff pastry sheets) - this will depend on your dish size
sprinkle of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven at 190°C (375°F)
2. Place sausages in a pot and pour boiling water over. Leave until cool.
3. Once sausages have cooled, carefully peel off their skins.
4. Line the bottom of the baking dish with puff pastry
(I use two sheets to line the bottom but you can alternatively cut the pastry and roll it out).
5. Slice up sausages and arrange evenly in the baking dish.
6. Beat eggs, salt and pepper. Then gently pour over sausages, distributing throughout the dish.
7. Cover the dish with the remaining puff pastry
(again, I use two sheets but this depends on the size of your baking dish)
8. Seal the edges well. Prick top with a fork a few times.
9. Put baking dish in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
10. Serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!
The finished product -we left it in the oven a little too long after it was "golden" but it still tasted great!!!