Virtual Musotopianoforte

Music is my forte :) ... well, my mezzoforte :$

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I'm unique (classified under the Animalian Kingdom, Phylum Chordata, Mammalian Class, Order Primates, Hominidae family, Genera Homo and sapien species!). --- My most important roles currently are: Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Girlfriend, Niece, Pet owner, Christian, Friend and Honours Student. Of course I'm also a: music lover, dog person, blood donor, registered organ donor, first-aider, volunteer, respite assistant, health promoter, teacher-at-heart, textbookworm (I made that up myself!), leisure musician, shower singer, sports enthusiast, Broncos & Maroons supporter, right-hander, compulsive list-maker, photo-taker, toilet reader and proud Australian citizen!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday's Feast #13



Appetizer
Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
Because we have a relatively big family (compared to your average Australian family) we used to have to do the laundry at least twice a week but our "rule of thumb" is that we just do it when the machine is full of clothes. Since only 3 people are living here at the moment, the laundry gets done a lot less.

Soup
In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
With all my health problems, my aunt says I sound like I'm 40 and sometimes I think that I might feel old when I am, but that's still a long way away. I'm a strong believer that you're really as old as you feel and I am also determined to improve my quality of life for as long as possible.

Salad
What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
Just one? Wow, that's hard. Well, in the forefront of my mind at this point is uni-related goals. So I guess I'd have to say that one of those goals (previously long-term but currently short-term) is to be offered to do Honours early next year (you do it concurrently with your undergraduate degree in the allied health sciences at the uni I go to). I've worked really hard with uni and it would be nice to be recognised for my commitment and passion towards becoming a health professional :)

Main Course
Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
Lots of things shock me, especially in the news. One thing I can think of off the top of my head (not news-related) is the DVD mum borrowed out recently of the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber performed in The People's Hall in Beijing. I've watched/listened to the concert several times in the last week (or two) but only three days ago we actually watched the "behind the scenes" DVD extra and it was amazing to see how much they organised and prepared in such a little time. Apparently some preparation took place in Australia and then they had four days in Beijing to rehearse. Aside from the fact that they had no dress rehearsals, a parliament meeting was called the day before the opening night!

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
At this very moment I'm a 5. I'm happy to be home today since I don't usually get Fridays off from uni but because of the Exhibition Show Holiday earlier this week, physiology lectures and practicals were cancelled all week as well! So I would have answered 9 but then I'd have to minus a 5 because of I'm kind of still annoyed about what happened yesterday: we were meant to do an assessment yesterday at uni but the client didn't show up, which implicates us in terms of the fact that we've had to postpone the assessment indefinitely (and then we need to ensure that the new date and time doesn't clash with uni classes, other assessment and work commitments...) as well as the fact that our report due date is also postponed.
Nevertheless, I know that later this afternoon I'll probably be a 9 when Sparky comes over :)

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your day will end on a 9!! Great answers to the feast!

17/8/07 2:49 pm  
Blogger Gattina said...

Being happy sounds complicated in your case, lol !

17/8/07 3:14 pm  
Blogger Melody said...

Great feast!
Hope you've a great weekend ahead. :)

17/8/07 4:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great salad! lots of luck! :)
wonderful feast!

17/8/07 7:35 pm  
Blogger Annie said...

Great feast, Happy Friday!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

17/8/07 9:37 pm  
Blogger Renee said...

Great feast! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend.

17/8/07 11:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great feast. And so well explained. I feel like I should go back and redo mine. (;

Thanks for the visit and have a great weekend. (=

17/8/07 11:56 pm  
Blogger J.D. Long said...

Great Feast -- and Thanks for the Sausage Pie recipe! A Sausage pie will be eaten in your name in SanAntonio Texas featuring Mexican Chorizo sausage tonight!

~~JD~~

18/8/07 12:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah for Sparky! Happy Friday

18/8/07 1:12 am  
Blogger Susanna said...

Happy Friday from one OT to another. I actually finished this week :).....will I go back (again?) Only time will tell!

18/8/07 1:29 am  
Blogger jenny said...

Interesting feast! I enjoyed reading throught it.

Do you just throw your dirty clothes right in the machine? I might do that if it were more centrally located.

Have a great weekend!

18/8/07 1:39 am  
Blogger Kara said...

Great feast! Thanks for visiting mine :)

18/8/07 2:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast!! Happy FF!

18/8/07 6:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting feast. I love ALW's music but haven't heard the concert you referred to yet.
Enjoy your weekend and say hello to Sparky from Sparky :)

18/8/07 6:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed we share the same mindset in terms of this week's "Soup."

Thanks for stopping by my feast, too.

Great weekend -
Braden

18/8/07 7:15 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Hey girlie, more later, but just wanted to tell you my e-mail address is listed right under my title on my blog - it is karen.dobyns, then at gmail.com. i couldnt figure out yours because it seemed like there was no way you'd have a hotmail account with only a four letter username? I'm slow to catch on I guess.

now i need to go check out which of our lists matched!

18/8/07 10:54 am  
Blogger Alice said...

I love your soup! I came from a big family and there are 7 of us -- 6 siblings and our mom. Before you can even blink, the pile's piled up high and mighty. LOL. Great feast! Have a lovely weekend!

18/8/07 8:13 pm  
Blogger Syl said...

What a great feast!
G;ad your day got better.

Enjoy this weekend!

18/8/07 9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Feast. You have a lot going on with school. That missed appointment sounds like a real bummer. :-(

19/8/07 2:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home